Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UVs moving when rendering.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
238 Views, 3 Replies

UVs moving when rendering.

Hi.

I haven't been using Maya for that long and now I am trying to learn texturing.
It works well except for the fact that the UVs move a little bit to the upper-right when I am rendering.

I doubt it has something to do with my render settings but if you think it is I can tell you my settings.

Here are some pics of what happens:

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
contact
in reply to: Anonymous

bit confused here..the first pic, is it a single plane or is it a cube? how does it look in the uv-layout editor?
3D & Animation Teacher
--------------------------------------------------------------------
MSI X79A-GD65, i7, 32gb RAM, Quadro 2000D, SSD-disks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.linkedin...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yeah screen shot of your UV Layout would be nice. Also is that a 2d texture or a 2d projection. I only ask because if you selected it to be a 2d projection and not a 2d texture it will move around you model if you ever move you model in 3d space, unless you create a texture reference object.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hey, thanks for replying. Although I recently figured out the problem. For some reason, changing the texture with all the 6 sides of the cube so that all sides would be 64x64 instead of 8x8 pixels as it was in the first place would do the trick since the cubes dimensions are 64x64x64. Still don't understand why it would move because the texture wasn't exactly big enough.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report