Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV texture maps to each individual face?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
2732 Views, 0 Replies

UV texture maps to each individual face?

I've spent the past two weeks with this problem and worked yesterday to isolate. 

I'm creating a polygon object that I use an automatic map to create the UV map set which is successful- then when I create the photoshop network for the color layer and update it to the polygon object, the texture is mapped to each individual face instead of the whole object like a broken mirror- where each face is mapping the texture.

I can create a fix by going into Window- Relationship Editors- UV Linking- Texture Centric and select the uv map for the textures photoshop layers BUT this won't import into Unity 3D.

It must be a default setting somewhere because I've created a polygon object 4 different ways with the same issue recurring. 

To isolate issue the 4 Different ways of creating the mesh have been:

Create Polygon/ Append to Polygon with Texture Space Set to:

1. 'Normalize'

2. Unitize

3. None ( Actually this option doesn't evn allow the UV texture space to map once it's created fromt he Mesh)

4. By creating a polygon cube, that I resize and extrude from each face. The texture then maps only to the original cube, ignoring the extruded objects. ( When I'm extruding - Keep Faces Together is On)

I'm not sure if I should have something checked off when I Clean Up the mesh or if I should smooth the mesh with division levels set to zero, or if it is something new to Maya 2013??? 

Anyway, I appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction. 

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report