Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwrap UVW - Point to Point Seams

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bloke28
2856 Views, 3 Replies

Unwrap UVW - Point to Point Seams

I am learning to unwrap using Unwrap UVW, and drawing in my own seams, the problem is I have drawn a couple of mistaken point to point seams and would love to know how to undraw them?

I've gone to far to use CTRL+Z, surely there is a way without starting the whole UNWRAP UVW again?

I thought logically I could use alt and draw over them to remove the blue lined seam, but apparently not and not sure how the "edit seams" works??

Can someone help, I hate having it less than perfect!!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
anonamice
in reply to: bloke28

Just use the edit seams button and alt click them. Its the button in the UVW comand pannel with an mouse arrow on it. Right next to convert selection to seams. That will do it. Cat Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
bloke28
in reply to: anonamice

Thanks 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Renderbydesign
in reply to: anonamice

I tried edit seams and alt click and it dose not work for me.

Can you tell me how i can start with no seams then i want to just select two. If you look at my edit uvw their are about 20 sections. I would like just 2

thanks

Here his the result i want but i do not want to have to go thru and custom stitch the seams to get it. I would like to just select one seam in the scene the got get it.

https://gyazo.com/88565e52ae96c79045e4f79952d57fcc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report