Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrequired see through encountered.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
357 Views, 3 Replies

Unrequired see through encountered.

So I have encountere this problem for the first time and can't seem to figure it out.
The objects in my scene are see through on their own.
See Thru Prob.jpg

As you can see above the edge of the hood of the car is visible even though it is behind the base plate.

I checked for the see thru mode and it is not enabled.
Checked the backface cull and it is also not enabled. (I don't know if backface cull could cause something like this but I am still learning and couldn't think of anything beside these two things.)

BTW, the objects have a material applied with some opacity so I can switch it ON and OFF to shape my model using blueprints. But even when it's OFF I can still see behind them a little bit like in the pic provided.

What is causing this?
And also how to enable see thru mode with shortcut in 3DS Max 2013? Alt+X doesn't work. That's the reason I applied the material and applied opacity at 2nd frame to toggle between them.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jackietsteh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi If you are using Nitrous viewport, try switch it to DirectX, hope this can help you.

Regards,

jackie

Best regards,
Jackie Teh
Portfolio: http://www.coroflot.com/jackieteh
Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/user/jackieteh
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jackietsteh

What is this Nitrous Viewport thing? Is it some plugin to enhance the features?
Never heard of it. I am using Vray 2.4
Anyways, I found the solution. I went into Viewport Configuration and under "Visual Style & Appearance" I unchecked Transparecy and it was back to normal. Though I don't know how I turned it ON accidentally as I never opened the viewport config before.

Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Nitrous is the default viewport driver for Max. If you don't know what it is try opening the help and searching for it.
Nitrous, as well as being the default, also requires higher spec graphics than the older ones (Direct3D). If switching to the older ones cures the problem then there's the possibility that your system does not meet the minimum reqirements for running Max.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report