Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turbosmooth issues (bugs ?)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
1021 Views, 3 Replies

turbosmooth issues (bugs ?)

Hello,

1.jpg

But when i add the Turbosmooth modifier, instead of smoothing according to my unique smoothing group, it smoothes like if there was an another smoothing group at the top.

2.jpg

I managed to "fix" this bug by exporting my object to an .fbx file but another bug occured. Because when i import it ( i get first an editable mesh which i convert to an editable poly)  in  a new scene, the turbosmooth matches every single polygon as a different smoothing group :

3.jpg

What should i do to fix those bugs please ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: 66617061

Ok i found solution to my pb here :

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136387

So to fix it convert poly + turbosmooth modifier (with 0 iteration) to and editable poly (collapse all the stack).

Message 3 of 4
AlexRichards
in reply to: 66617061

It may have been caused by a Crease value.  By selecting an Edge and setting it's Crease higher than 0.0 you can produce a defined edge between two polygons of the same smoothing group.  It produces a similar effect to having different smoothing groups on those polygons.

Also using the reset funtion on an Edit Normals modifier would probably have done the trick.

Alex

3dsmax 2014-5 / Mudbox 2014-5

i7 8 core ~3.6ghz / 32GB RAM / Geforce GTX 770 4GB / 256GB SSD & 2TB HD / Dell 1920x1080 x2 / Wacom Bamboo Pen / Kensington Slimblade Trackball

https://twitter.com/looksfeels
Message 4 of 4
in reply to: AlexRichards

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report