Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying my 2nd model. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scott1391990
291 Views, 2 Replies

Trying my 2nd model. Please help

So I am new to 3DS Max and after completing 2 sets of tutorials I thought it was time to make something on my own and I made this with stock 3DS offering.
iPhone-2.png

This was my first model and I was happy with it as I made it without any proper dimensions or iPhone pics so I thought of modifying it before making a proper one. I tried adding some vRay modifiers and got this.
iPhone Fresnel IOR 0.4.png

But still it was nowhere near the real deal.
So I got a tutorial from youtube and started working on it.
This is what I have now using the tutorial.

3DS Max IPhone 5S Model.jpg

Now I want to know, how to add the screen image in this so it shines like other renders as you can see the first 2 renders don't have a shining sceen but only the phone's body?
Let me tell you that I made a plane in the 1st model and applied bitmap on it. Then moved and placed the plane on top of the phone. But the bitmap isn't giving any glossy look.

So you need to tell me if the way I created the display was correct or not and how to color the material so as to get a proper glossy effect in the final render? I have tried many tutorials that provide the glossy but none worked for my 1st model.

I am using Win 8.1 64 bit and 3DS Max 2013 64 bit with vRay 2.40

I want to create something like this. It looks so realistic.
iphone-5s-home-button-mockup-3-1280x960.jpg

I have also attached the MAX file of the almost complete model. If you want, you can download it and add the phone's display pic and material color and send it to me but I would like you to please attach a step by step text file with it so I can follow it and then compare it with your completed model for any defects and errors.

3DS Max 2013 x64,Win 8.1 x64
Intel G2020 @ 2.90 GHz, 4 Gb DDR3 RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
scott1391990
in reply to: scott1391990

Don't know why but unable to edit the post now. Don't download the attachment.
Instead, download from this link below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0qlypl7yfn3uaq/Phone03%20Button%20thickness%20increased03%20linked%20hole...

3DS Max 2013 x64,Win 8.1 x64
Intel G2020 @ 2.90 GHz, 4 Gb DDR3 RAM
Message 3 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: scott1391990

Attachment removed for you. You can edit posts for 30 minutes or until the post receives a reply, whichever comes first.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report