Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble selecting faces and mapping to UVs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
briancoughter
335 Views, 1 Reply

Trouble selecting faces and mapping to UVs

First off, I'm a Maya newbie however, I've got a good grasp on 3D modeling and I've taken numerous tutorials to get started.

I revolved a container profile from an Illustrator path and I've assigned a mia_material.  It's basically a cylinder that I need to map a label onto and my problem is two fold...

1. I am unable to select faces (face mode).  In my RMB popup menu, I see "Surface Point", not "Faces". 

2. So then I just add the label file to the whole thing, choose Create UVs -> Cylindrical mapping and I am unable to edit, reposition and scale the image to the cylindrical faces.

I'm sure I'm just missing a couple key pieces of info but I've been stuck for hours.  I've attached my .mb file.

Maya 2014

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

didn´t had a look in your file but it sounds like you created nurbs geometry as output of your revolve. what you want is polygons. so either you revolve again and make sure you´re checking polygons as your output geo or go to modify-convert-nurbs to polygons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report