Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent when Rendering.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
826 Views, 2 Replies

Transparent when Rendering.

Hey guys im new on this forum and looking forward to discuss here. 

I have some problem i would like to share. While modeling some objects turned to another color, darker, and when i rotate around it makes some grainy effect. When i render, those objects that became darker and grainy are transparent on the render screen. 

This are some screenshots from the problem. As you can see the upper towers became darker and grainy, which was not the case before

Screenshot 2014-12-20 19.36.30.png

This is what happens when i render Screenshot 2014-12-20 19.39.33.png

The upper towers are transparent 😕 Any sollutions to this problem? Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Looks like a material problem. Assign a non transparent material to the objects.

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 3
AlexRichards
in reply to: PROH

It looks like the Normals are flipped on those elements.  Right click on the object and in Object Properties, select the 'Backface Cull' option on.  That will show up any flipped Normals in the viewport so you can fix them before rendering.

Here's the Help page regarding Normals:

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-C420859B-D44E-469F-9A2...

Alex

3dsmax 2014-5 / Mudbox 2014-5

i7 8 core ~3.6ghz / 32GB RAM / Geforce GTX 770 4GB / 256GB SSD & 2TB HD / Dell 1920x1080 x2 / Wacom Bamboo Pen / Kensington Slimblade Trackball

https://twitter.com/looksfeels

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report