Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in bending modifier (selected parts won't bend properly)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ibrahimahmad31
1126 Views, 1 Reply

Stuck in bending modifier (selected parts won't bend properly)

So I just discover a problem in the bending modifier. When I select some lined vertex and add the bending modifier, the vertex can bend perfectly, but when I select some other lined vertex (same model) and try to bend it, the vertex can't bend properly, it only bend a little even that I have put the angle higher than the first one. Plus, the gizmo only showed as a thin single line, not a block-like gizmo in normal bending modifier.

I've attached a pic for my problem. As you can see, the first two pic is how bending works normally and the last two is the problem. You see that the vertex won't bend even that the angle is higher than the normal one. The gizmo in the last two even only shown as a thin single line, and rotating and resizing the gizmo don't help much.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
romullus3d
in reply to: ibrahimahmad31

Your selection must be greater than 0 in direction you want to bend. In your case it would be x. Just move one of your selected vertex slightly in x direction and then it should work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report