Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Softimage 2014] Merge not joining points

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
arkanos
1041 Views, 3 Replies

[Softimage 2014] Merge not joining points

Hi!

My name is Ruben and is the first time I post here. I've been looking for the same question over this place but I haven't found any solution to my problem.

I work with Softimage 2014 and when I try to merge two simple polygon meshes (half of cubes that are equal and positioned side by side) it doesn't join the points but it does create the new mesh with the two halfs. So, when I add subdivision levels I see the two different meshes again separately. This happens always no matter what tolerance I put.

I've been working with Softimage 2012 since one month ago and this worked fine, even if the two meshes were long distance separated.

I've attached two pics showing the problem.

Thanks in advice and sorry if my english is not perfect (not my first language! Man Tongue )

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DanCanada
in reply to: arkanos

Hi Arkanos,

Your two objects are closed meshes therefore have no boundary for Softimage to merge them. Delete the inside polygons of each mesh and try the merge operator again.

Message 3 of 4
arkanos
in reply to: DanCanada

Oh my God, I'm quite ashamed right now.  Smiley Embarassed

How could I forget about that 😮

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 4
DanCanada
in reply to: arkanos

You are welcome, happy modeling.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report