Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapping to locator is not working?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hyoahn
2914 Views, 3 Replies

Snapping to locator is not working?

I have created locators  which placed precisely where each vertex must go. This locators will be used as guides for dividing up the plane.

With Snap to Points turned on, I used to be able to use Split Polygon Tool (Edit Polygons > Split Polygons) to latch onto each locator in turn and draw boundaries across the existing plane.

With new Multi-Cut Tool, I was not able to snap to the locators anymore even with Snap to Points turned on.   Am I missing something here?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anifex09
in reply to: hyoahn

Try using the old viewport instead of viewport 2.0.  I have found this to solve many snaping issues.  

Message 3 of 4
hyoahn
in reply to: Anifex09

I just tried  both Legacy Default Viewport and Legacy High Quality Viewport.

Snapping to locators is not working for both of them either.

However, the visibility of locators are much better with Legacy High Quality Viewport compare to Viewport 2.0.

Message 4 of 4
hyoahn
in reply to: hyoahn

After applying the Multi-Cut Tool to split a polygon, then I can move the end vertex snap to a locator.

The problem is if the newly created edge crossed another edge, then the newly created edge is no longer a straight line after snapping to a

locator.  This is a real problem here.  Is there a way to get around this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report