Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap tool problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
leighdesign99
340 Views, 2 Replies

Snap tool problem

Hallo all
I have the student edition 2012, every time I use the hotkey snap tool CTRL-V or selecting the snap to point tool in the component mode in the UI , Maya freezes...?

anyone know a solution or a view on what this is happening?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
halfstone
in reply to: leighdesign99

well, it's not "Control-V" it's just a lower case "v" that enables the snap-to-point function; but I don't think that's your problem.

If Maya is freezing up even if you do it correctly, it's likely to be a graphics card or incompatible hardware/driver problem.

Does the same thing happen when you use the "c" key, to snap to curve? You can snap to a curve and drag to a point as a workaround.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for reply

Nope, the "ctrl C" key seems to work fine, the program freezes when I also use the "cut faces tool", I was wondering if there was a way to fix it, but if you think it’s the graphics card or hard drive there is not much I can do about it.

It’s just it would be handy to have these tools, but I suppose working around this sort of problem Maya is best at as there is always another way,

Thanks for your input as it’s taken me weeks to find an opinion on this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report