Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrathes on the model after use pro boolean

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
294 Views, 3 Replies

Scrathes on the model after use pro boolean

I used to cut a shape from another with proboolean, but after it i got a very scratched result, see on the pic. Is any wat to resolve this?(before the cut, other ways to cut the shape off?)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Boolean operation between objects having different level of complexity and smoothing, usually brings issues like this one.
Try the Boolean operation before assigning smoothing to the operand “A”.
Is Boolean the only method able to give you the result you are after?
I would try modeling it the standard way; using Editable poly and then smoothing it.
Or perform the Boolean operation at some early stage of the modeling, when the object is relatively simple and then go further using other method in Editable poly to get the desired final result.

ivan
Message 3 of 4
blakestone

I have found that detatching only the faces which will be interacting with the pro-boolean cut and then re-attaching at the end will avoid any other parts of your model being modified by the process.

I have attached my workflow, maybe it will assist you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thx for the ideas, i'm new in autodesk, so these guides really help me out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report