Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProBoolean problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
601 Views, 3 Replies

ProBoolean problem?

Hi,

(I'm not sure I chose appropriate forum section.)
As you can see from attached img there are edges seen on the door.
I did probooleon then unwrapped and textured, everything seems just good but then I tried to render, I can still see edges made by probooleon!(only where sun light is) But in viewport everything is good. How can I fix it?

p.s. is there any other methods to model such a doors with round windows not using probooleon?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blakestone
in reply to: Anonymous

when you use Boolean/ProBoolean it tends to change the smoothing groups and this is more than likely an affect of multiple smoothing groups. It may also be due to the vertices on this face being slightly out of alignment.

I believe the fix here would be to simply set the same smoothing group to be the sme for all the polygon faces and use the Planar XYZ (depending on your angle) to align all the vertices.

Here is a video I recorded a few months ago which takes you through some of the steps when I use the boolean tool and cleaning up the mesh. Hope you find it useful!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
svb3d

you should check out Hard Surface Essential by grant warwick, in one off his examples he show a excellent way off modeling round openings in a mesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report