Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with vertex and coordinates

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
352 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with vertex and coordinates

Hello everyone, using Maya 2013.

Every time I open my scene, there is a vertex spawning at random that deforms my model, after deleting or merging this single vertex the problem goes away. I save the scene and reopen my model, the vertex is back to cause trouble at random locations again deforming my model.

What could be the cause of this.

Also, why cannot I see vertex world coordinates ? The coordinates are blank, but I can move them by typing values.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyway, problem solved, I just welded all the vertices in that model piece in a certain threshold.

Question about blank vertex coordinate remains.

Message 3 of 3
_sebastian_f
in reply to: Anonymous

this fields are not ment to show you current vertex coordinates. it´s only ment for numerical transforms of objects and components - absolute or relative to world space. it can be also used for renaming and selection depending on what you choose (click the little icon left to the input fields).

if you want to see the position of your vertices go to display > general editors > component editor and open the polygons tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report