Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with UV texture editor shells

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mastermind
535 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with UV texture editor shells

I'm running into an issue with UV Texture Mapping and Shells on Mac.  Basically, I'll select a shell as part of a wagon, but when I move or rotate, I warp the model itself. 

I tried reverting my settings to default but it still drags multiple parts of the model.

Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 11.57.50 AM.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
damaggio
in reply to: mastermind

After you create an specific texture for a model and you have created the UVs as well of course, the UV shells should not be touched or moved again...in most cases because the UVs  determine the exact placement of the texture over the geo..specially in the wagon case where you want the word to fall in a specific side of the wagon...now in other cases like tilable textures and other kinds like wood concrete grass etc...you could still move shell around it might not  affect the overall look.

If you need to move anything you must move the shell or just adjust slightly the UV points in one area but anything more drastic will cause the texture to warp and stretch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report