Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with UV texture editor shells

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
trendafilov09
574 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with UV texture editor shells

Hi,

I am trying to do this tutorial. I am mapping a texture using automatic mapping and I want to move around the shells. So i select my shells mode and select an individual shell from the UV texture editor but when I try to move it drags along parts of other shells. I get weird results when I try to rotate shells also. 

Please see the attached Image.

Couldn't find another post on this issue. Please Help!

Thank you

P.S. I am using latest version of maya 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
damaggio
in reply to: trendafilov09

Go to your maya folder on the PC is under documents , there's a prefs folder there rename it old and restart maya... It might have been corrupted ... Once maya relaunches it will create a new prefs folder., and should resolve the issue
Message 3 of 6
trendafilov09
in reply to: damaggio

Thank you

This worked but it restarted all my settings. 

Do you have an idea why this happened?

Message 4 of 6
damaggio
in reply to: trendafilov09

That's an endless mystery, and happens to everyone using maya, sometimes again in a few months, sometimes it happens from scripts downloaded from the net that might conflict with some other function in Maya, in most case you never know why and need to start with a new preferences folder...I tend to make a copy of the folder from time to time in anticipation of getting bad again, that way i can just replace it with an earlier prefs folder.

Message 5 of 6
damaggio

unfortunately Maya does not save all preferences you set....don't know why.
Message 6 of 6
trendafilov09

Thank you for your replies. Maybe this will work for some of the other problems I've been experiencing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report