Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with bevel.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
942 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with bevel.

I am very new with Maya in general, and this is a problem i haven't come across in my book yet:

I need to round these edges, by using bevel  (screenshot included) of these NURBS to polygons surfaces. The surfaces of the perimeter are all extruded, and the opposite faces are boundary-surface following the curves, because it made it alot easier for me to model them. But the problem is, even when the edges are selected, the bevel-settings have zero effect to the shape. PS: I also attached all the surfaces, but the curves are not yet attached!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
_sebastian_f
in reply to: Anonymous

you did it to complex. it could have been enough just to create one side of the object and then extrude it and i recommend doing so. your bevel problem is because what you have is basicly just planes and to make it simple: border edges can´t be beveled. a bevel is an interpolation between the selected and it´s adjecent edges.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: _sebastian_f

Thanks man! You sure sound like veteran of Maya, referring to the terms your using, so I'm gonna start over again... I was just very tired last night modeling, and I didn't want to dug to deep trying mold every corner with control vertex or comparable. Seems that creativity is not always the best thing, if you have no idea what you are doing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report