Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: I can't type into extrude "tags"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
518 Views, 4 Replies

Problem: I can't type into extrude "tags"

Hi everyone.

I'm fairly new into Maya and I have a little but annoying problem. It's about those "tags" which float around selected components when you want to extrude them. The thing is that I'm not able to type numbers into "Thickness" and "Offset". However, I'm able to type the values in the attribute editor or channel box or just drag the tags.

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I click into the fields, the values highlight and then I type a new one into it and hit enter. But it always resets to the initial value. The exception is the divisions tag. That one works properly.

I would be glad if someone could help me with this. I'm using Maya 2015 sp5 btw but it's the same struggle with Maya 2014. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tsefreeflow
in reply to: Anonymous

Hm, works fine for me. Maybe change the name of you preferences file and let Maya create a fresh one to just test if it works.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tsefreeflow

No, unfortunately that didn't do the trick.

Message 4 of 5
_sebastian_f
in reply to: Anonymous

don´t go crazy it´s a known bug with regional settings. only thing which worked for me is to set formats in the win region and language to english (us).

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: _sebastian_f

Ah, thanks... Well, I will stick to my original language and take the detour over the channel box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report