Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem adding textures

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
622 Views, 1 Reply

Problem adding textures

Hi

i am new to Maya but not to 3D modeling/Animation

I am i am having problems applying textures to a model, i can get the textures on to the model however they do not cover the model as they should (they are from a game so they should be complete) i have searched the forum and have tried solutions to some problems such as updating the PSD network etc, one solution did work for the weapon in the models right hand but i am not sure which one, and i can not get the textures to work properly with the rest of the model, if anyone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it,

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but basically the reason that you are getting the grey/black spots is that there are actually two copies of the mesh for each character. The “normal” and the LOD one. When you repath the materials in the hypershade it only seems to modify the material on only one of those copies. So you’re still seeing parts of the other mesh with no texture assigned to it. The simplest way for now to get things working would be to hide the lower density lod mesh using the Outliner (see attached image) for all parts. Once that’s done everything should look ok.

DOTA_ScreenBen.PNG

I would assume that there is an associated material for

the lod mesh but I haven’t had a chance to look into it.

Ben Bisares
Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report