Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb: Relaxed verts snap to grid.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
858 Views, 5 Replies

Newb: Relaxed verts snap to grid.

Maya 2015 ECS, i7 24 GB, Windows 7, Nvida GTX690

When in the Modeling Toolkit, with Quad Draw selected and with shift key pressed I try to relax verts with the Relax brush they snap vertically to the grid plane and look very uptight indeed. What obvious noobish mistake have I made?

Please, thanks and sorry for the bother.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps these images will help. The first shows the area I am trying to smooth. The second shows what happens when I apply the Relax brush. Also the mesh is imported from an OBJ file.

Capture.JPG

Untitled-1.jpg

Message 3 of 6
damaggio

Maybe your snap to grid is on?...it's a little red magnet and grid icon on top of the menu bar.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

Thanks, but seems to make no difference.
Message 5 of 6
damaggio

Try the old fashion way...select the trouble area then Mesh>Average vertices and play with the values.

Also if you want to try your current method but not use the orthographic view...do it in the perspective window...maybe the snapping wont happen.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

Thanks that is good  info. But, I think I was just using the wrong tool. I should have been using Mesh Tools : Sculpt Geometry Tool.

Sorry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report