Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Soda Can Modeling *Beginner*

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mccormick789
299 Views, 2 Replies

Need Help with Soda Can Modeling *Beginner*

I'm modeling a Soda can and need help with a small problem. The body of the can is uniformly smooth except for a few edges on one side of the can. I'm not sure how to correct that so they are smooth like the rest of the can. If someone could show me how that would be greaat. 🙂 I've attached my model to show my issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: mccormick789

Looking good Mccormick but please delete the history next time you upload a model...and delete history as you are modeling too.

There are a few Ngons in your mesh you need to clean...Select you soda can...if you go to Select>Select using constraints...then choose All Next and Nsided it will highlight any non quad surface for you to see, the faces will be selected and if you want you can assign a bright red lambert on those faces so that the problemetic areas are saved with a different color so you can fix them one by one.

Remember to Close and Reset the opened window.

once the model is clean go to Normals and Set normal angle.

Always check for non quad topology.

Message 3 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: mccormick789

You also have some double vertices sitting on top of each other....that's not good, and the pull handle needs edge loops to sudvide properly with the 3 key.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report