Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple vertices on EXACT point - can't move them all!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nalqadi
2429 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple vertices on EXACT point - can't move them all!

Hello,

Ok so this is very frustrating. Everytime I move a vertice, another one appears underneath it. I can't model anything because things get very messy when I have to move 4 vertices to the exact same spot.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rosie95
in reply to: nalqadi

Hello,

This has happened to me multiple times when I used polyextrude. I selected something and pressed polyextrude, the decided I didn't want to use it and did sth else. At the vertices belonging to face I had originally selected were double.

Try this:

Press on one of these vertices, and delete it. do this again and again until none remains. then just undo the last delete.
Then you should only have that last one.

And try to undo actions if you don't want to use them even if you don't see a difference.

I hope this helps (I'm not an expert)

All the best

Message 3 of 6
nalqadi
in reply to: Rosie95

Hello!

Thank you so much for your response. 

I tried deleting the points, and unfortunately just got the same error message each time.

This is so frustrating!

Message 4 of 6
TechToast

Hi

It looks like you are just looking through an orthgraphic camera at the object. When you move one vertex you are just making the ones behind it visible. Have you tried switching to the perspective camera and rotating about the object? It will be much clearer what is happening if you do.

Mike

Message 5 of 6
nalqadi
in reply to: TechToast

Hi,

Yes, I am looking through an orthgraphic camera, but I didn't know it would cause this. Thanks for letting me know!

Is there another way I can get a front-view of my sketch, which I am using as a reference?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Rosie95

You're welcome, but I'm sorry it didn't solve it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report