Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models UV map is tiny little squares

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
djmadc
1075 Views, 1 Reply

Models UV map is tiny little squares

Hi everybody...

Untitled-1.jpg

Can somebody tell me how my model ended up with a UV map like the one iin the picture above.. THe model has been created with maya and mudbox.... I have been learning as i go, to get to this stage... I had never done any 3d before. So I have just been experimenting, donald ducking up, then doing something else, donald ducking up and then trying something else and have finally ended up with this.. I am pleased with what i have done,, rendered as you can see below looks ok.

What I wanna do is redo the UV map and do all this Unfolding etc etc that you professionals do, but still keep character looking like the one in render.. As you will know if I just create new uv maps, unfold etc etc,, then the texturing will  all go wazzy .. My plan is to make a game eventually based around this character,,  Mr Conehead and from what i have read then the UV mapping and retopolgy all need to be spot on,, or problems can arise..

I thannk you all for time,, and really hope that what i am after doing,, is doable and I dont have to re do all textures,,, and maps etc..  Becasue It has taken me ages to get  it looking like it does now..

Jason

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
damaggio
in reply to: djmadc

If you didn't have the UV map done before you brought into Mudbox than thats how Mudbox will create it's own UVs, there's nothing wrong with it although making it your own in Maya would give you more resolution on the textures by scaling and arranging the UVs in the editor to maximize resolution.

I'm not an expert in Mudbox but I always do the UVs in Maya first....don't know if you can do better Uvs in Mudbox.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report