Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling with position ,scale ,and rotaion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JAD_9
309 Views, 3 Replies

Modeling with position ,scale ,and rotaion

Hi.

I bought the Autodesk Maya 2014 Essensials..and im stuck in chapter 3 where it says that use the moving tools (position,scale,and rotation) to model the face of the character..

AND one more thing..

When I create a cube or any shape and choose "vertex"..the edges turn yellow and any vertex movement cause the whole shape to move..not just the vertex..

Hope you undestand my problem and have a solution

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ShaunBrettig7993
in reply to: JAD_9

Hi, you will need to show a picture of the issue, it is better to "Show" not "Tell" as people will be able to understand what you are showing them if they see it.

I suspect your first problem is just author explaining you move, rotate and scale the elements of the object until you get the right shape of the object you want to model.

Your second issue will need to shown.
Message 3 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: JAD_9

you probably have soft selection enable...turn it off...its in the Tool settings

Message 4 of 4
JAD_9
in reply to: damaggio

Thanks damaggio..Actualy after i posted my problem..i asked myself why not checking the tool settings..then i figured it :)..anyway thank you again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report