Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh is Shadowy (Using Smooth mesh)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
420 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh is Shadowy (Using Smooth mesh)

http://gyazo.com/0a2685b41b0a89a94469f7d5e4241a9d

This is what happens when I press 3 on my keyboard and then use crease tool to harden the edges I aswell have the 2 boxes checked on the side "Propagate edge hardness and propagate uv corners" and they wont take the shadows away like they are supposed to. It worked before reinstalling maya.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

have you tried adjusting the normals? maybe set to 30 which is the default

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

It still isn't working and I didn't even use normals, heck I don't know what that does but it's supposed to remove the shadows when I press "Propagate Edge Hardness" but it's not I just restored my pc to factory settings a few days ago (Computer Issues) and I reinstalled Maya 2015 and it didn't take the black shadowy effect when I press "Propagate Edge Hardness", so if anyone can help me that would be great. Also I have been trying for HOURS to find a solution and nothing. So please someone help me.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

This may be some consolation (not a solution, apologies!) but I think this is just how it looks in the editor window - if you hit render, the shadows will not be there and the edges will be nice and sharp.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report