Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locking a axes?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DOM0
399 Views, 0 Replies

locking a axes?

I was wondering if i can lock a manipulater axes such as world only to model?

everytime I model and I have  been working on topolgy and edge flow to improve my models such as human and cars .

last night, the answer and reason for all my modeling mistakes so far is moving a a vertcie up,down or back when I thought I was moving the vertcie sideways in orthographic view in front and side view.   

I thought since you could man the camera you could do that unless you changed a axes? 

also, when I model and I am using a reference image, is there away to not see my vertcies in the back of my model?

by this I mean I noticed along with the axes problem I would move a row of vertcies thinking I had all of them then, I would end up moving my vertcies in the back of the model when I thought  I was modling the front. I know you should use exray or wire frame when modeling so, I am thinking this issue is because chanigne my vertcie axes not nowingly. 

in preferences I changed the free rotate hoping that will only rotate on the world axes then went to polgons and selected  vertcie display and enlarged vertcies.

maybe that will help with not nowing I moved my vertcies on a different axes?

and

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report