Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock axis on AEC Walls

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
qholmes
480 Views, 2 Replies

Lock axis on AEC Walls

Is there any way for me to lock the axis while i am drawing AEC walls. I do most of my layout work with an image in the background and no snap points.....

I dont like using a grid because i have to make it so small so i can hit all the arbetrary point in my image.. It is crazy that i cant just push Shift or something to lock the axis to the basic angles.

Anyone?

Thanks

Q

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tobyfuller
in reply to: qholmes

Yeah, it's weird isn't it.

If you instead draw the outline with a line, where you can hold down shift to lock the axis, you can fly around the plan quite quickly. Then when you go to create the wall, set all of the parameters and under the keyboard entry rollout select pick spline - and whoola!

I think with Max the question is not what makes sense, but rather what does max give us.

Message 3 of 3
qholmes
in reply to: tobyfuller

Hmmm that is a great idea witht he spline. And i did not know that i could make a wall by picking a spline.. 

It stinks because i draw a lot of industrial buildings so its not a few walls its a 100 every time.. So that is a lot of spline drawing. But anyway Maybe there is a script some where. Or i could try to write one maybe.

Thanks for replying!!!

Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report