Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Mirroring

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KingslyAD
687 Views, 2 Replies

Interactive Mirroring

I'm sorry in advance if this question has been answered before but I'm completely unable to find a solution myself after hours of searching online.

How do you turn on mirroring (not sure of the actual term in maya)?  First, I am NOT trying to copy one side of a model and mirror the whole thing after I've already finished.  What I am trying to do is move one edge, vert, etc. and have the same thing on the opposite side of the x-axis move at the same time.

I somehow have a feeling that what I'm looking for is very simple but I've spent way too long searching elsewhere and getting the same wrong answers. Thank you to anyone willing to enlighten me on how this function works.

P.S. - Maya 2013 x64 is what I'm using in case that matters.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: KingslyAD

under the tools settings ...like the move tool, there 

's a check box for reflection   x, y,z, and also soft selection, a lot of begginers sometimes by mistake enable these features.

Message 3 of 3
KingslyAD
in reply to: damaggio

Thank you so very much for answering me and at lightning speed no less! Gave a cure to such a huge headache.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report