Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting refrence image

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lennieharffey
226 Views, 2 Replies

inserting refrence image

hey, im really new to the whole 3d modelling scene and im trying to insert a refrence image onto my plane, ive made it the same length and height as my reference image but when i apply the material the image goes onto the plane but there is thousands of the image on the plane instead of just one and i have no idea how to just make it one big image instead of loads of little ones. its probably a really simple fix i just have no idea :'D

thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeminardi
in reply to: lennieharffey

From what you state it sounds like the image is being tiled. What process are you using for inserting the image? What type object is "my plane"?

Have you tried the attach image command attach and then, using object snap, reference the corners of the "my plane"?  This will yield an independent object from other geometry in your drawing.  Another approach is to define a material using the image but this can get complicated.

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 3
blakestone
in reply to: lennieharffey

It sounds like you have "Real-World Scale" enabled which I believe is enabled by default in Autodesk 3dsMax Design and in some of the built-in "Design" profiles. If you uncheck these options it will display correctly.

example_01.jpg

You can also change the default profile by going to : Customize > Custom UI and Defaults Switcher
Using the default MAX ( first one ) should have this option unchecked by default - as you can see the Design profiles have it checked

example_02.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums