Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Corel Draw?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2218 Views, 4 Replies

Importing Corel Draw?

Hello all,

I've run into a bit of a problem in my project. I have made images within Corel Draw, and colored(filled) them. Now it seems that no matter what I do to save them in Corel (as an .ai .dfx .dwg) the color doesn's transfer with them

It appears that maya is just seeing the outline and so far the only way I have found to do this is go through all the objects I have already colored, change them to planar polygons, and recolor them.

This is very time consuming, I know there has to be an easier way to do this.

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
n8skow
in reply to: Anonymous

Correct - Maya will just import the curve data from the vector files.
If your wanting to bring in colored images, you'll have to apply them as a texture map.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Okay so in order to do this, say I already have a 2d person I drew in Corel Draw and colored. I import the .dwg into Maya and get the curves. Then I would need to create polygons from these curves. Whenever you use the texture or UV mapping it seems to lay all the polygons out in a different way. I already have it how I want it in Corel, but I would need to break it apart and move them to the corresponding mapping locations??
Message 4 of 5
n8skow

After creating polygons from your curves, you need to UV map the resulting geometry.
You can then apply the texture map as a single material.
Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report