Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a texture map

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
vleery777
474 Views, 1 Reply

Importing a texture map

I recently downloaded a model for a school project, complete with textures. The problem is, when I open it in max. It does not ask me to point out where to find the textures and I have no idea if theres a way to attach the texture map to the model, so it shows the right textures on the right places. My max version is 2014.

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ekahennequet
in reply to: vleery777

Hi.

Your image needs to be located where Max can find it. By default, Max will look for them in the following folders:

yourproject\sceneassets\images\

yourproject\scene\

For external files located outside of your project directory, go to Menu, Customize, Configure User Paths, External Files, and add the directory where your texture map file is located.

Above is assuming your model has Material/Map assigned. Otherwise, you will need to apply a Material to your model then assign Bitmap type Maps to your Diffuse/Bump, etc.

Please review these items to get familiar with how to cofigure User Paths and assign Maps.

Configure Paths

Materials and Mapping

Select Image File

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report