Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to make specific polygons become the other shape of surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
yewanshangdahai
463 Views, 2 Replies

How to make specific polygons become the other shape of surfaces

Capture.JPGIs there any tools or plugins can do this directly other than adjust those vertex by myself?

I mean the specific polygons, not the whole cube 

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Just like compound, but instead of comform the whole object, I only want to conform these polygons without extract them or extract them but easily reassemble them to the oringinal object?

Message 3 of 3

So you're basically wanting to perform a conform on a selection of vertices/edges/faces to another object. I do not believe the ability to do this is built into 3dsMax however this can easily be achieved via maxscript. I have written similar scripts in the past to do just this and am happy to assist you.

Basically it works by ray-casting the vertices current position in the direction of the specified object and if the ray successfully hits that object it repositions that vertice to that position, same as the conform tool. Let me know if you think this will assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums