Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Polys can 3ds max handle in my case ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mohanad_zizo10
3237 Views, 4 Replies

How many Polys can 3ds max handle in my case ?

my PC is FX 8150 8 core processor , 4 Gb RAM and VGA 1GB Radeon 5750 .. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CAMedeck
in reply to: Mohanad_zizo10

There is no exact number anyone can give you.  You could work in a scene with 10M or more, but it would likely be near impossible to navigate in the scene.  Especially with only 4GB of RAM.  And there is more to a scene than just polygons.  If you start using bitmaps in your materials, adding in lights, and so on, you'll notice the scene starting to slow down.  And your render times will start increasing quickly once your RAM is full.  

If you can, I suggest at least tripling your RAM.  I have 24GB and use most of it.  The big advantage to having a lot is being able to run other programs along with 3ds Max, and not having everything suffer because Windows is using the pagefile.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Mohanad_zizo10
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thank U that was Helpful 🙂
i'm Gonna double my RAM to 8GB recently and in Near Future i'm Gonna Dobble It again ..
but let me ask U ... VGA card has a role in this i think ?
Message 4 of 5
CAMedeck
in reply to: Mohanad_zizo10

Yes, your graphics card does affect how well you can work in a high poly scene.  A better card will allow you to navigate easier, and handle the visual effects in the viewports more easily (shading, AO,  shadows, etc.).  Some people feel a decent gaming card is best, while others prefer more expensive professional cards.  I use a Quadro 5000, and am pretty happy with it.  But it's in a work computer, so it wasn't my money buying it.  🙂

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Mohanad_zizo10
in reply to: CAMedeck

I think i'm from those People who have Gaming Cards XD God bless ur Workstaion It's Great 😄
Thanks for Ur Help 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums