New tools, templates and workflows
Announcing Extension 2 for 3ds Max 2015 and 3ds Max Design 2015
Discussion Groups

Modeling

Lightknight

How do you connect 2 lines?

4376 Views, 2 Replies
02-04-2009 04:14 AM
At the moment I'm new to 3d Max 9 studying it for my Skills Center. I'm attempting to make a guitar to understand the basics of modling. I made a line and than I try connecting the edges of them with other lines and they just float in space away from the two lines I'm trying to connect. How would I cannect these two lines together?

Please use plain text.
bijoy23

Re: How do you connect 2 lines?

02-04-2009 07:23 AM in reply to: Lightknight
Dude...u cant do it that way. Once you have drawn the line use the extrude modifier and the turn it into an editable poly. if u have used more than 1 spline to make that shape then make sure you have welded all the open ended vertexes together. hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ice_cube

Re: How do you connect 2 lines?

02-04-2009 07:31 AM in reply to: Lightknight
To connect the two splines - select one of the splines. In 'Geometry' rollout click attach and select the other spline. Now you should have them as one editable spline. In the same rollout you'll find 'Cross Section'. Click that and then click one spline and then the other. That shoul do it.

But the best place for you to figure this out would be 3dsmax tutorials that ship with the package or read them online press here
Please use plain text.