Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you connect 2 lines?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
42415 Views, 4 Replies

How do you connect 2 lines?

At the moment I'm new to 3d Max 9 studying it for my Skills Center. I'm attempting to make a guitar to understand the basics of modling. I made a line and than I try connecting the edges of them with other lines and they just float in space away from the two lines I'm trying to connect. How would I cannect these two lines together?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bijoy23
in reply to: Anonymous

Dude...u cant do it that way. Once you have drawn the line use the extrude modifier and the turn it into an editable poly. if u have used more than 1 spline to make that shape then make sure you have welded all the open ended vertexes together. hope this helps.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

To connect the two splines - select one of the splines. In 'Geometry' rollout click attach and select the other spline. Now you should have them as one editable spline. In the same rollout you'll find 'Cross Section'. Click that and then click one spline and then the other. That shoul do it.

But the best place for you to figure this out would be 3dsmax tutorials that ship with the package or read them online press here
Message 4 of 5
samjmpd

Screenshot (30).jpg

I am trying to create a surface on this floor plan and I have tried everything! HELP!

The original floor plan is on the left - no edits

The floor plan on the right has been converted into an editable spline. I have tried to bevel, surface, extrude....Nothing.

I either get no change at all or it disappears? 

Can somebody tell me all possible solutions please 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Stefan_L
in reply to: samjmpd

Your pic is rather small, but if there are really several yellow vertices, your spline is not closed.
Go to Vertex sub object (hit '1' on keyboard), select all vertices (CTRL-A), go to Geometry section, enter a reasonable value (smaller than the smallest detail you want to keep) as weld threshold and hit Weld.
--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report