Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit my model like iPhone commercial?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asfaltme
348 Views, 4 Replies

How can I edit my model like iPhone commercial?

Hi,

I need help guys... I made my phone model in 123d design and I don't know how can I edit it like in iPhone commercials? Please help me guys, thanks 😉
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
davidveyhle
in reply to: asfaltme

You are asking a extremly vague question my friend. perhaps you can clarify........

Message 3 of 5
asfaltme
in reply to: davidveyhle

I recently learned how to use 123d desing and I know almost everything about it. I also know everything about photoshop and how to use editing software premiere. So, few days ago I made a phone in 123d design and I want to use that phone - model/design I made and put it to premier and make a really cool commercial/promotional video... (This is kinda what I want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKdWkc0w0-I or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE34ZToZVLQ). I heard that cinema 4d can export stuff to premier and then you can edit it as an video... But cinema 4d is not software I want to know, I'm more of a 3ds max fan...

So, is there any way in which I can export my model from 123d design to some editing software? It doesn't matter what software do I need to download as long as I don't need to recreate my phone again in another software...

And one more question... How do they make these commercials? Using the modelling and editing software or what?

If somebody helps me find solution, I will be the happiest person on the planet 😄
Message 4 of 5
leeminardi
in reply to: asfaltme

Export the file from 123D as an STL file and import the file into 3ds Max.  Assign ID's to the various parts of the phone (screen, bezel, buttons, etc.) then assign a Multi/Sub-object material to the phone.  Note, you can assign video files (e.g., avi) as a diffuse material map for the screen sub-object enabling the simulation of a video on the iPhone.  From here you are ready to create your video by defining cameras, lighting, etc.  Use Premiere for post-production work.

~Lee

lee.minardi
Message 5 of 5
asfaltme
in reply to: leeminardi

Thank you very much! This is really really helpful 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report