Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid size different to the tutorial? *beginner*

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
katieboo
563 Views, 1 Reply

Grid size different to the tutorial? *beginner*

I am following the modelling tutorial for Maya 2014 where you create a helmet from a picture. Im on the selecting edge loops bit where you have to snap the edges into line to make them straight. My problem is that my grid spaces are really far apart compared to the tutorial and I don't know what im doing wrong. I have started from the beginning 3 times and each time the grid is always the same size and there is no part of the tutorial where it asks me to change the size of anything like the grid or reference pictures. 

Here are some pictures:

This is the tutorial picture

Here is mine

maya confused.png

It may be that my helmet is the wrong size as opposed to the grid being different but this is still Confusing as it doesn't mention anything to do with the size of the helmet or reference pictures. I have followed the tutorial word for word three times and there is definatley nothing about the size on there? Please help me, pulling my hair out over this...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
damaggio
in reply to: katieboo

Yes , he might be using a different grid size in his tutorial, however that's not going to have any impact on your modeling, specially since you have a nice helmet picture, there's no real scale you need to follow, you are just learning how to model with the tools...focus on that for now.

If you wanna explore on the top menu bar under "DISPLAY"> Grid and option box you can change the size and color, I usually leave at default...click Edit>reset settings...or Help to understand the options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report