Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating UV same to same Polygons (Tiles)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1018 Views, 4 Replies

Creating UV same to same Polygons (Tiles)

Hello everyone,

I have this problem for a while now. Can't figure out how to Create Autoamted UV to Tiled Polygons.

For you to understand my problem here is a screenshot1 where I have selected multiple same size polygons and you can see how they are projected in the UV Editor. The idea for me that all wall parts would be overlaped in the UV Editor like in this screenshot2.

Of course I can create UV on the wall before and the copy the wall over the place. But when I have huge level, then I need to redo everything.

Thank you for any help / tips!

Andrius

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

Post the. Screenshot
Andrius......It's not loaded
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

It's a link and should work fine. Try dircet links:

Screenshot 1: http://proandrius.com/random/maya_sc_1.png

Screenshot 2: http://proandrius.com/random/maya_sc_2.png

Andrius

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Anyone?

Message 5 of 5
damaggio

select all faces and use "Unitize in the uV editor choices, that will jam all your poly faces on top of each other in the UV editor, then try to select all UVs at once and scale it to match the proportion of each panel( squeezing the shells up or down) make sure you have a checker texture applied when you do that so you can have a nice reference that everything is in proportion, you can also try Unfold option Horizontal and vertical to relax the UV shells to their right proportions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report