Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Polygon Tool and Extruding Issues?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
darbyceleste
514 Views, 2 Replies

Create Polygon Tool and Extruding Issues?

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 10.27.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-18 at 10.27.32 AM.png

I am using the Create Polygon tool to make the last part of this stapler (the actual metal stapler holder). For some reason, it is not allowing me to extrude it to create a cube-like shape. Instead it is only extruding the points. How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: darbyceleste

Can't tell exactly  what you did here, that's a simple shape though, just start that piece again with a cube and extruding the faces  following your image reference.

Message 3 of 3
RKKKK
in reply to: darbyceleste

This is how I would do it:

1. Create a cube with pretty alot of divisions creating the needed detail of the metal

2. Scale it to match nearly the right size

3. Delete the face on one side of the metal where the "pins" or whatever they are will come

4.Extrude the whole metal casing, and change the thickness of the extrude node, so it's not like paper

5. Sort out the details to the sides of the pCube like some holes are possible, using vertex and move tool, scale etc, deleting faces...

6. Create two metals to the rear end of the stampler-metal, where the functional metal rod comes, and shape them using the tools mentioned before

7. Combine them to this metal casing

---

This is how I would start the project... I was using a stapler as a example, which is in my hand right now.

Good luck mate! I hope you got something good from my tips, I'm new and I didn't actually model this, just used my imagination so problems may occur... Feel free to ask!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report