Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Bezier Curve to NURBS Not Working!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
899 Views, 2 Replies

Convert Bezier Curve to NURBS Not Working!

Hi, I'm trying to convert any sort of curve to an editable mesh, and the convert bezier curve to NURBS was the only thing I could think of (which didn't work, of course). Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
powercreative
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same issue with IGS imported curves.  Creating nurbs curves from scratch and converting those works fine.

I have no solution.

Message 3 of 3
pshwayka
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Do you think your Bezier curves are not converting to nurbs curves because they are still called something like "bezier1" after you convert them, or is there some other reason? (The name won't change automatically.)

Try this:  Create a Bezier curve, then convert your curve to a nurbs curve.  Right click on the curve and select "control vertex."  Note that your Bezier "handles" are now gone.  The curve is more like an EP curve now.

You can actually loft nurbs surfaces using Bezier curves without converting them, because Bezier curves are considered a subset of nurbs curves.

Hope this makes sense...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report