Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacks Artifacts Over the Mesh in Workspace (Shaded/OpenGL Shaded)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
553 Views, 2 Replies

Blacks Artifacts Over the Mesh in Workspace (Shaded/OpenGL Shaded)

Dear all,

It has happened me several times, that, the wireframe model got rendered in the worskpace incorrectly. I am not talking about quickrender, but about fast flat render of the model while modifying its geometry.

Please, take a close look at the attached image:
- You can see that the shaded mode has black maps. As I rotate the object, the blacsk maps jupm here and there over the model.
- I checked if normals are set properly, yes they are.
- I have restarted Softimate, but the problem appeared immediatelly, after loading the scene.
- When I create a new test box in the same scene, the box is rendered properly - there must be something wrong within the editing mesh.
- Is there any way to realign/reinitialize/refresh the mesh in the scene, so possible internal discrepancies can be fixed?

Have you had this experience please, an can you offer me soem directions how I coudl fix that?

Thanks many times.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xsisupport
in reply to: Anonymous

You could try exporting as OBJ or dotXSI, and then reimporting, to see if the imported object has the same problems.

Do you have cluster materials? Try deleting them.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Stephen,

thanks for the reply. I haven't used cluster materials. But I will try your advices. When unsuccessful, I will continue with troubleshooting in this thread.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report