Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align an object to world axis

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Thiird
11399 Views, 5 Replies

Align an object to world axis

Hi!

I was modeling a piece of an office chair, and I reached a point where I need to flat this edge loop here (1st pic) and for doing that I need the object im talking about to be aligned to the world axis: just like so (2nd pic; I made that manually just for show you the result I want: see in 3rd pic)

I sure there is the tool to align object to various thigs (world axis too), but I don't know where it is.

Thanks

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pshwayka
in reply to: Thiird

Hi zthird99,

Do you need the object aligned to the world, or just the scale tool?  Have you tried using the Axis Orientation in the tool settings?

Message 3 of 6
Thiird
in reply to: pshwayka

Yea i tried: it isnt the thing im looking for.

I need the entire object to be aligned.

Do you know how to do this?
Message 4 of 6
pshwayka

Create a default cube and leave it at the axis origin.  They try using the modify->Snap Together tool.  Play around with the settings...you probably want the "move and rotate objects" option.

Note that to use that tool you first click on your object, then the object you want to snap it to, then press Enter.

Message 5 of 6
Thiird
in reply to: pshwayka

Yea it worked!!

I already know the snap together tool (as you can see in the pic I already have it in my custom tool bar) , so I didn't had problem to apply your technique in my scene: Thank you very much!!!

Message 6 of 6
pshwayka

Excellent!  Glad it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report