Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting xray mode transparency?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
8178 Views, 10 Replies

Adjusting xray mode transparency?

Does anyone know how to adjust the trasnparency part of x-ray mode? really need to darken it a little. A script maybe?

-Susan
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

that would be really cool...especially if you could make the x-ray mode different for the different objects
Message 3 of 11
harry.costta
in reply to: Anonymous

This thread was 2009. It's 2014 and still nothing! I wish Maya had a opacity control to the viewport XRay, but in all these years, no one at Autodesk had this brilliant idea - or paid attention to dozens of users asking that. Shame.

Message 4 of 11
demathis
in reply to: harry.costta

Keeping it alive. Using Maya 2017, is there a way to adjust the opacity level of x ray mode?

Message 5 of 11
pshwayka
in reply to: demathis

No, but as a workaround you could enable "Use default material" under the Shading menu, and adjust the default material transparency to your liking.

Message 6 of 11
demathis
in reply to: pshwayka

Thanks for the advice. I actually stumbled upon this tip online a little while after this post =P I'm thinking the transparency material trick is a much better "tool" than xray mode itself. 

But anyways, thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 11
fkellogg
in reply to: demathis

demathis . . .

I was looking for the same thing, and while looking for the Shading Menu, suggested by pshwayka, I found the Opacity control in the Visual Styles section of the Ribbon, Visualize Tab!!

Exactly what I was looking for - maybe AutoCAD DOES listen.

CFK

Message 8 of 11
brunogf13
in reply to: fkellogg

hey @fkellogg , where is this located? Don't see this "Visualize Tab" that you mentioned here... Actually looking for the same thing (talking about Maya! You mention Autocad, so just clarifying). I'm following a tutorial and I see that "his" x-ray is much more see-through than mine. So there must be a way to adjust it..

Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
fkellogg
in reply to: brunogf13

I'm in vanilla AutoCAD 2020.

See attached screen shot, which shows the Visual Styles area of the Visualize tab of the Ribbon.

X-Ray has a slider to adjust the opacity - very cool!

Message 10 of 11
brunogf13
in reply to: fkellogg

Ahh.. ok! I'm actually using Maya. The original post was for Maya, but then I saw you mentioned AutoCad, so I was just clarifying. Yeah, in Maya there is no such menu. Trying to find if there is a setting like that as well.

Thanks for answering anyway.

Message 11 of 11
fkellogg
in reply to: brunogf13

I did not realize I was in a Maya thread. Sorry for any misdirected hopefulness.
One would think that a feature available in one Product would be there for another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report