Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds and Maya future

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Loczus666
1102 Views, 4 Replies

3ds and Maya future

I dont know its is good section but im very disappointed 3ds max i try a lots of 3d software like Maya/Modo/Zbrush/Mudbox/Blender/Cinema4D/sketchup (i dont use XSI and Lightwave) but 3ds max have more bugs with each new version !

For example 

- Cut tool 

-Symetry

-Izolation

-Explorer

-Snap

-Bridge edges

This option is very important to modeling well please told me why i must pay 3900 euro or dolars for it?! for bugget sofware no way...

Maya have also many bugs for example:

-Ofsets on muliple faces (faces go inside mesh! you must offset on each one faces to avoid bugs good example is simple cube)

-extrude bug (can't extrude sometime on my exacly dimesnion what i want!)

I see only one way to resolve this re-write sourse code and make brad new software 3ds max modeling tool with sketchup make (design style) and Maya's animation/simulation tools (Bitfrost etc.) or i dont see future for both sofware...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Quintussmit
in reply to: Loczus666

I have to disagree with you on this.

I cannot speak for Maya since I hardly ever used the last few versions but Max has only become more stable over the last few iterations. I can't remember the last time I had a crash.

The tools are accurate ( I work in mm precision) and work as expected. There are the expected quirks but I have not found any software that does not have it. 

I am not being a fanboy here, I am fond of many of the various 3D applications, including the sculpting ones but Max just works best with my workflow and causes the least amount of frustration.

The software has paid for itself many times over.

Message 3 of 5
Loczus666

I would like to know the opinion about bug and new strategy form autodesk staff.

Why?! i dont want waste time to learn "European standard 3D sofware"

Message 4 of 5
Loczus666
in reply to: Quintussmit

"I have to disagree with you on this."

-Ok your choise 

"I cannot speak for Maya since I hardly ever used the last few versions but Max has only become more stable over the last few iterations. I can't remember the last time I had a crash."

-I dont mean crash (closed program when in work) i do not have it but i have problem with modeling tools...

Message 5 of 5
dgorsman

AutoDesk is a public company, so cannot comment on future developments due to various rules.  These are to avoid such nasty problems as insider trading, stock price manipulation, or "hactivist" manipulation of intended development.  The simplest way to get ahead of the curve is to be a BETA tester.  Its important to remember though that this role is one of testing the product, not being a product manager defining where development goes.  *None* of us have any direct control over where the product development goes - thats the role of the overall manager, operating within guidlines from AutoDesk executives.  The only control we have is whether the product meets our specific needs at a cost we are willing to pay.  If it doesn't meet your needs then its time to look elsewhere.  If nothing else meets your needs then you need to work the cost into your business plan, the way we all do.  Maybe that means using the Desktop Subscritpion/rental model at a monthly or quarterly time period instead of the full license.  Maybe it means crowd-sourcing your funding through selling blocks of render time.

I should probably also point out 3DSMAX isn't intended to be "budget" or "hobby" software.  There's the assumption that as a professional tool it is being used in a professional capacity, and the user is charging appropriately to cover their costs.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report