MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retargeting Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
358 Views, 1 Reply

Retargeting Issues

Hello,
I am working on bringing a character into Unity. For the animation I need to retarget mocap data to its skeleton. I'm learning MotionBuilder as I go and am having some issues with retargeting.

I have both skeletons (the mocap and our character's) set up with a control rig. From there I can export the mocap skeleton with animation as an fbx and import it back in as the animation to put on our character. The problem lies in that the arms on the character are animated to sway back and forth, but are still in the t-pose position. The right foot is also not aligned properly. I don't know how to correct this as any change I make is snapped back as soon as I move on the timeline.

I may have some other issues spring up and may be doing this completely wrong. If so, feel free to correct any of my mistakes as we hope to streamline this process to implement a fairly large library of animation.

Thanks,
Ryan
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It might be the problem of characterization. When your character in T pose it have to face to positive Z axis.

Btw there are couple of character retargeting tutorial here (AREA).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report