MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motionbuilder Skeleton vs. Control Rig

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
alex.sz
447 Views, 0 Replies

Motionbuilder Skeleton vs. Control Rig

Hi my friends. I'm quite new to Motion Builder so I guess this is a quite basic question.
I'm working on retargeting MoCap files in Motion Builder. So I got several BVH files where I first define the skeleton. I often see in tutorials, that people afterwards apply the control Rig to the Mocap file and use this as the source of the character (that also gets a control rig?). Why don't you just define the skeleton for both and use then the bvh as source, without the control Rig? What's the benefit of using the control rig?

Another simple question: I really like, that i can merge all the bhv files in one hierarchy, to just define it once. But it would be also cool if I could bring several bhv Files into MB, place let's say 5 identic characters next to each other and watch the retargeted animations at the same time, withoud doing the definition of the skeletons for each bvh file. Is that possible?

Thank you very much!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report