MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mocap data with only upper part of body

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TMert
357 Views, 2 Replies

Mocap data with only upper part of body

Hi all!

So I want to map Mocap data on an actor. I have two markers in the face, one on the sternum, one on each shoulder and elbow respectively, and two on each wrist. I put the actor inside the marker dots, created a Markerset and dragged the markerpoints on the correspondent body parts in the Navigator. When I click activate, it looks like this:

fail.png

What the heck?

So what I think could be the problem:

The origin is not on the floor. Since I only need the upper part of the body, my cameras don't show the feet, so setting the origin on the floor would be very impractical to me. Could this be the problem?

Or do I have too few markers? Then how many markers do I need to get it working?

Does anyone maybe have another idea?

Oh, if that's important, I use Motionbuilder 2015.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheAnti-Fish
in reply to: TMert

Hello,

Regardless of how many markers you use, you cannot create an Actor without legs etc. MotionBuilder will *always* create a full biped Actor. You'll probably notice that only the arms/torso are moving and the rest is in a default T-Pose.

The Anti-Fish

Message 3 of 3
TMert
in reply to: TheAnti-Fish

Hi!

Yes I was aware of that, but thanks anyway 🙂 The problem was, that the markers didn't match up with the actor anymore when activating the Markerset.

But I already have a solution. Motionbuilder needs at least the hips as a reference. I manually added some markers on the hips, now it works.

TMert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report