MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine/Merge two or more raw data?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1132 Views, 8 Replies

How to combine/Merge two or more raw data?

Hey,

Can anyone tell me how can I combine two Raw data.

I have a T pose in one but not in other C3D file and I wanted to merge the animation as one.
If someone can guide me the procedure I would be glad. Cause I was fiddling around with Blend motion and story Tab but couldn't find the solution.

Sunny
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
_neill_
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Sunny,

to merge several raw mocap data, you need to bake optical markers animation (for all markers -> make it done), and then combine them in motionBlend or Story editor
there is another way to combine markers raw data... Open Reality SDK (or may be Python) has the functionality to work with mocap data, so U can build new optical model, where markers for example will have raw data of all the takes of mocap.
Do you need to hold the raw type of data after merging?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

hey Neil,

I coul'd able to find the option for optical data baking, can you please guide me.

Well I think I don't need to hold the raw data after merging. But I have to see after the baking procedure.

Thanks
Message 4 of 9
_neill_

You can find something about data baking in the MotionBuilder help. In the "Optical option pane" topic there is information about Markers list and "Done" state. Done state is actually what I'm calling data baking.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

If you have the T stance as one c3d file, and several other separate files from the same session, same actor, is there a way to map just the T stance onto the character, and apply all the other takes automatically?

Then you maybe wouldn't need to blend the different c3d files?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Did you get it figured out?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Sounds like you need to move into story mode...good luck.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I think it may be possible to splice different takes of the same marker data together using the mocap cleaning tools and 'swap marker' option, as Walt says, lets try it and see...

Message 9 of 9
_neill_

Hi,

once I have made a plugin for simular task  - http://neill3d.com/merge-takes-with-optical-mocap-data

---

Best regards, Sergey Solohin (Neill3d)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report