MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face capture and motionbuilder?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
566 Views, 5 Replies

Face capture and motionbuilder?

I am new to motionbuilder and have been doing some face capture test.
Is there a way to get the .c3d face capture data to apply directly on to character face with out having to do default character face pose set ups for it to reference the data to? I would Like to have it work like it does with body capture the data is directly applied to the rig. Is this possible? So far I am not seeing how this is possible.
Thanks in advance on any help with this.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
_neill_
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It's possible to connect mocap marker data to the character face... information on how to get it you can find in the doc's.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you for the reply but it is just a little shy of any solid info. In the docs as you mention I only find the way to connect them is by using actor face and character face and this I am not having any issue at doing. I am seeing my character face being driven by the mocap datat but at the same time I am seeing it being altered by the character default pose set ups i have set up. I was just wondering if there was a way to get a direct link between the actor face info to the character face with out having to use the default face pose set ups that are then used. for instance so now if you only make a default small brow raise in character set up it will only go to this amount even though in the mocap datat it show a much greater eye brow raise.
Message 4 of 6
_neill_

There is a way of creation some direct mocap data connection. Just create point constraints between markers and face clusters... also for this method you need to create some offset markers for control influence.

> for instance so now if you only make a default small brow raise in character set up it will only go to this amount even though in the mocap datat it show a much greater eye brow raise.
As I understand for this situation It would be enough if you create some blendshapes for the character and connect mocap actor to control blend shapes.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Ah ! of course! I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. Thank you for the advise.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi there.

Might I ask what motion capture system you are using? I am also trying to find a way to apply facial motion capture data to a 3D mesh in MB using constraints. It definately isn't easy (probably due to my lack of experience using MB).

Does anyone know of any links to example movies of rendered animation that was done using this method?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report